Two programs at MIT that your students can apply to attend! Follow the information below:
(1) If your student plans on taking AP courses at their High School, try looking into MIT's Delve program where they prepare students to succeed in those classes:
Registration for Delve 2011-2012 will run to Sep 10, 2011. Student registration will close Sep 10, 2011
- What: Advanced Placement (AP) preparation classes
- When: Year-long (9/18/11-5/6/12), Sundays 10:00-3:00pm; lunch 12:00-1:00pm
- Who: Students in grades 9-12 during the 2011-2012 school year
- Cost: $250, plus $150 deposit for books. Generous financial aid is available.
For more information and to find out how to apply, follow this link:
(2) If your student enjoys learning about subject areas such as: mathematics, literature, science, arts, sports, and more, than take a look at MIT's Splash 2011 One weekend program!
Registration will open in late October.
- What: A weekend in which you can take multiple classes on a huge variety of subjects.
- When: The weekend before Thanksgiving. In 2011, Splash will be held on November 19 and 20 (from 9:00 am - 10 pm on Saturday and 9:00 am to 7:00 pm on Sunday, with lunch from 12 - 2 pm on both days. Check-in will open at 8:00 am both days. Classes are held on MIT’s main campus)
- Who: Students in grades 7-12
For more information follow the link below (More information about Splash 2011 will be posted on the website in September):